Monday, February 25, 2013

2/25/13: In which a 2-hour layover has me bored

I'm sitting in the Atlanta airport, the specific name of which I neither remember nor have the inclination of learning, waiting for my flight back to New York. I left Chicago a handful of hours ago after seeing my cousin Anslee perform in a musical that was as enjoyable as it was disjointed, which is to say I had a great time so long as I quieted the questions in the writer-brain. I also got to see Book of Mormon while I was there, and holy crap was that amazing. But that's another story.

Or is it?

I feel like talking shop. So I will! This was a very theatrical weekend for me, between Imitation of Life [Anslee's play at a theatre I will fill in later], Book of Mormon, and watching the Oscars Sunday night. It was fun. In a lot of ways it made me realize how much I've missed the stage, but what I've truly missed is acting in general. Almost all of my creative output has been in writing a new web series with John (the roommate, for anyone not in the know) that I'll officially reveal here once we've officially revealed it everywhere else. I actually have a production meeting for that almost as soon as I walk in the door, so that'll be fun. Anyway, that's all about to change. Next Monday, I audition for A Midsummer Night's Dream with the Cheeky Monkey theatre company and I'm going to be bringing out the big guns for Puck. It's a role I've always wanted, and I'm seriously hoping things fall in my favor this time around.

Aaaand... I don't have a lot more to say about that now. More later. I plan to update this a bit more often. Probably not daily yet, but maybe.

Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment