Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16, 2009; In which I craft a somewhat rushed entry because I may not be home later

Today is a glorious day in my hometown. Or, rather, the beginning of this week was the glorious bit and I'm coming into it a bit late. Why all the glory, you ask? Well, it's really quite simple. My fair little city has once again been graced by the presence of Taco Bell.

Between my going back to school after Spring Break and my return home for the summer, the Taco Bell that had stood for so long in our illustrious town was completely torn down, with construction starting on a new building rather quickly. This construction lasted an extremely long time. Now, while I am not the biggest Taco Bell fan in the world, I do occasionally enjoy some good fake Mexican food (though I'm not a fan of the authentic stuff, surprisingly). I've been waiting a few days to actually make my triumphant return to the prodigal store due to massive lines every time I drive by the place.

No, I am not kidding. This Taco Bell must have repaid the entire cost of construction within the first day of reopening, because they haven't had a slow moment. Apparently the people around here really missed cheap tacos.

I wish I had more for you, but if I'm going to get a taco and get to rehearsal (which I might talk about tomorrow) I gotta run! See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's been open for three days, and for all three nights running after rehearsal, the line for the drive-through has been nearly around the restaurant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taco Bell is only good if you're desperate and/or nearly broke.

    ReplyDelete